Ebay Largo Owner

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
S. Cogan
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top

Ebay Largo Owner

Post by S. Cogan »

Hello,

I've recently purchased a Nissan Largo off E-bay (for not a lot of money) and am having difficulty finding a service manual that isn't missing electrical diagrams (for an extortionate amount of money). I'm sure that many others in here will have come across the same issues that I hope to repair to keep this Largo from the scrapyard.
I'm not sure how much help I can be to the community at this stage, but thank you in advance for the help I will no doubt find in this forum.

Séamus
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Re: Ebay Largo Owner

Post by scoobydo »

What issue do you have with the car
S. Cogan
dipstick
dipstick
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top

Post by S. Cogan »

Speedo/odomoter is my main issue to fix. I've mostly been reading that the cluster goes or the cable goes. I'm going to try tightening the screws at the rear of the cluster as it is the first(cheapest) option before the cable. The speedo notices that the car is moving sometimes, but usually gets to about 10 or 20 mph and stops or drops back to zero. To me, it sounds more like the cable is broken.... but HOPING that the screws are loose at the back and that will be me and my cheap Ebay Largo!
Then speakers are blown(ice); auto gear changes/clutch; suspension; rear seat assembly not locking to floor on one side; rust!!; belts are perishing; sound dampening; general age related fixes. As I start fixing one thing I'm sure I'll find something else hidden within the secret mileage. (I have no idea how long the odometer has not been working)
It drives great and stops surprisingly quick. Everything still feels comfortable and mostly works. Hopefully no major repairs for a few years, but would like to tidy up the little things to help prevent bigger things later.
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Post by scoobydo »

they are not cable driven speedos. Could be speed sensor on the side of the transmission or of course the clock itself or maybe even if the speedo face was changed for mph and whoever done it damaged the clock when pulling the needle off. There is no clutch suspension if looking for front struts they are like rocking horse poo but the rest of the front suspension all available and quite cheap. Droplinks take a bashing at the front but are cheap enough but dont use the bushes that come with them use superpro ones.