just joined planning to buy a largo

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
blulite
gearstick
gearstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: highway star
Mods: 7” pioneer touch screen double din HDMI head unit, 19” led tv, 5 port hdmi switcher, mac mini 2011 high sierra, apple tv 3, alfa awus036h with high gain long range antenna, 300w power inverter, reverse camera with 4” sun visor screen, k&n style air filter. currently removing decals bit by bit and waiting to add a second 19” screen when i find an exact matching model,

Post by blulite »

anything to watch out for? panning to use it for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Re: just joined planning to buy a largo

Post by scoobydo »

Multiple owner cars that have swapped ownership quickly. Headgasket for petrol one, rust also can be an issue. Check suspension as front shocks hard to get hold of. Really if well maintained then not a lot to go wrong but if been abused and bodged=trouble
blulite
gearstick
gearstick
Mods: 7” pioneer touch screen double din HDMI head unit, 19” led tv, 5 port hdmi switcher, mac mini 2011 high sierra, apple tv 3, alfa awus036h with high gain long range antenna, 300w power inverter, reverse camera with 4” sun visor screen, k&n style air filter. currently removing decals bit by bit and waiting to add a second 19” screen when i find an exact matching model,

Post by blulite »

thanks scooby, looked at one today and what a bag of spanners, had the 2.0 diesel, with a petrol car battery, loose alternator belt, loose power steering belt, front calipers were stiff, rear shoes were seized, handbrake light constantly on, erratic gear change, the rev counter was spinning round in circles, the interior was pitted, no radio, the cubby hole flaps ware all goosed, it had an oil leak, a knock (drop link or ball joints) on both the front and back, the suspension was soft as shite and the vehicle wobbled like jelly, the tracking was out, there was moss growing round the doors and the top was green, had a flat tyre, cut out when reversing it because the alternator belt fell off, bodywork needed a machine polish, paint was flaking from round the doors. there was an arial missing, no logbook, mot out in feb. and the guy wanted £650 [emoji23][emoji1787]

i offered him £200 and he refused, i thought that was a bloody good offer considering the state it was in. and that was just what i could see, hear and feel from being with the vehicle for 20 mins

this was the closest one to my location that i could find, the rest are all 4+ hours away and dont want to travel that distance to check on conditions of them.

its a bit annoying really. but i really really want one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Trim: Highway Star

Post by scoobydo »

I have a decent one that I might sell
blulite
gearstick
gearstick

Post by blulite »

bought one today, has some small bits need doing but nothing major

needs a small oul leak sorting out, needs a rear mirror, a good valet and a couple of interior its replacing
carole
gearstick
gearstick
Trim: highwaystar
Mods: body kit ,tinted windows,external sun visor

Post by carole »

Had mine 5 years in September, sailed through the mots ,no advisories, gets service 2 a year, never been a bit of trouble, you will love yours.
great bit of kit
blulite
gearstick
gearstick

Post by blulite »

carole, do you service the gearbox? and if so how often and what sort of cost?

im planning to get it a full service over the next few weeks and im curious if the gearbox oil and filter would be changed. i was told the largos gearbox should be serviced as soon as i get it incase its not been done for a while
carole
gearstick
gearstick
Trim: highwaystar
Mods: body kit ,tinted windows,external sun visor

Post by carole »

Good advice young man , the first thing I did with mine was a full service, cam belt,and the other three belts , gear box too,

mine had the metal filter in the box so I just washed it out with petrol (save a bit) I think the oil cost about 30 pounds (just for the box )
If you look on my post you can see my baby in the photos
blulite
gearstick
gearstick

Post by blulite »

had a carbon cleaning done on my engine today and its done an amazing job, the engine sounded a bit rickety like an old deisel van should, but after the carbon cleaning was done it now runs a lot better than before and a lot quieter and the throttle response is a lot better. i just need to get it a service now amd were ready to roll out.
yulunofstefe
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 4WD
Trim: nissan go

Post by yulunofstefe »

Hi I have just joined this forum but I am not clear how I make new post - do I have to go into whatever section I feel my post relates to and go from there?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.