Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
blulite
gearstick
gearstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: highway star
Mods: 7” pioneer touch screen double din HDMI head unit, 19” led tv, 5 port hdmi switcher, mac mini 2011 high sierra, apple tv 3, alfa awus036h with high gain long range antenna, 300w power inverter, reverse camera with 4” sun visor screen, k&n style air filter. currently removing decals bit by bit and waiting to add a second 19” screen when i find an exact matching model,

Re: newbie

Post by blulite »

is there a heating diagram available somewhere? when i have the engine bay open tomorrow ill check to see if any of the pipes are in the wrong places and check to see if the return is blocked, ive got some electricians cable hook things in the shed so ill stick those tgrough and see if theres any crud.
davesmith546
dipstick
dipstick
Seats: 8 Seats
Trim: star
Mods: none

Post by davesmith546 »

as suggested i have finally found that the pipes have been removed for some reason, ill try to reconnect once i figure out the other issues.
thanks all
blulite
gearstick
gearstick
Mods: 7” pioneer touch screen double din HDMI head unit, 19” led tv, 5 port hdmi switcher, mac mini 2011 high sierra, apple tv 3, alfa awus036h with high gain long range antenna, 300w power inverter, reverse camera with 4” sun visor screen, k&n style air filter. currently removing decals bit by bit and waiting to add a second 19” screen when i find an exact matching model,

Post by blulite »

the pipes for the rear matrix have been removed? matbe yhey were blocked, it was suggested to me that if my pipes were blocked, it would be easier to use rubber radiator hose and just replace the full pupe. today i have found they are not blocked, and that there was actually no thermostat in the engine, nowni need to figurenout why :/
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Post by scoobydo »

Pipes removed due to corrosion, so would flush the system with rad flush AND drain the block after say 100 miles or so. Clearly van has not been looked after
davesmith546
dipstick
dipstick
Trim: star
Mods: none

Post by davesmith546 »

thanks all, i have been flushing the system then running then flushing etc, i think the front matrix may be blocked up as it only gets luke warm,next job is to try and clear it
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Post by scoobydo »

need to flush with hosepipe to stand a chance of dislodging I reckon some has tried so mechanic in a bottle!!!!
blulite
gearstick
gearstick

Post by blulite »

dave, to check if the matrix are blocked i dont the following,

remove the return pipe (left pipe) from the filler tube
jam a piece of spare hose in the end (enough so it can reach the floor)
remove the flow pipe from the firewall end
warm up my filling hose and jam it over the flow inlet
hold it in place and get someone to turn on the tap

the matrix filled up and i was able to see the water flowing from the return pipe showing that the matrix was not blocked.

for the rear matrix, seeing as i was installing a new thermostat, i took off the flow pipe from the thermostat housing and jammed a hose on the return pipe tonpush water through and check if the pipes were blocked, they flowed fine but i still have no rear heating so im stumped for now on that one untill i have some more free time to do further checks